Sunday, September 28, 2014

But What If We Get Caught?

                                                                                                                                
                                                                                                                             

     July 27, 2007, the day I did something stupid and reckless…



                “Serena, the boys want us to go outside with them. They want us to sneak out,” Blair whispered.

            “I don’t know… your grandma is sleeping. What if she catches us? What if my parents find out? What if we get in a lot of trouble?” I whispered.

            “Serena, you need to stop worrying.  Dan just texted me saying everything will be okay. It’ll be fine…”

            I have to admit, I’m glad we met up with the boys. They were fun to hang around with. Friends just hanging around were enjoyable. We weren’t doing anything bad, I can promise you that. Just 5 friends sitting outside.

            It’s now 3am. I am freezing and I have to pee. I am scared that Blair’s grandma will wake up any second. She could catch us, I was starting to freak out. I’ve never done anything bad.

            The door was right in front of me. I turned the knob and went straight to the grandma’s room. I saw her laying there, I called her name.

            “Honey, what’s wrong?” the grandma asked.

            “I feel like this is wrong…but I needed to tell you. Blair is outside with boys. We snuck out the window because we didn’t want you to hear us. Its 3 am and I just…oh my god why am I telling you? I am an awful friend I don’t—“I wasn’t able to finish my sentence.

            Blair’s grandma walked towards the back door. She saw Blair with the 3 boys. Blair is in a lot of trouble.

            “Excuse me, its 3 am… WHY ARE YOU OUTSIDE WITH BOYS? YOU’RE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE.” The grandma yelled.

            “I…I am sorry… WHAT THE HELL, Serena??!  Why would you rat me out? I thought we were best friends? Go pack up your things and leave. I don’t even know what to do right now.” Blair said.


            The thing is, I really don’t know why I told. It felt both right and wrong. 7 years later, I still feel guilty. Blair has never trusted me again. We aren’t even friends. I’ve never done anything like that ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment