Thursday, September 18, 2014

Do I Look Okay? (midterm)

Nicole Nagle
September 18, 2014
Period: C


       
Light purple: added/edited

           Everyone has at least one thing that they are scared of. Some people are scared of animals, bugs, or even people, while other people are scared of death, growing up- you know- adult things. Then, there's those afraid of heights and such. Then, there’s me. I actually have a pretty horrible fear of seeing schoolmates in public. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? I don’t even understand it myself.

          One day, my father and I were driving to a shoe/shirt box. I don’t even remember what it was called because I was busy not caring. Anyways, we arrive to the mysterious box. My father asked me to help him carry bags of clothes to drop off in the box. We are in the middle of town, people might SEE ME. I can’t risk that. What if I’m in an ugly movement? What if my hair looks bad? What if someone noticed me and tells their friends they just saw me. No, no we can't have that. I can’t even start to explain how weird this is.

          It’s so awful, that I don’t want to leave my own house. When my father asks me to get the mail, I usually run to the mailbox and back to the door. If I see a car coming, I either hide behind my car or run faster to my house. I don’t want anyone to see me. The worst is when I’m asked to do yard work. My life is so difficult, why can’t I just stay inside so I don’t have to see anyone. I mean, isn't that what basements are for? To be in the dark, watching Netflix and eating cheez-its.

          I also have another embarrassing thing I hate about myself. I have this problem where I need my hair to always look good. If it doesn't look perfect, then honey, we have a problem. My face also has to look normal. I NEED to look decent whenever I go out. What if I am super ugly, like 
2007 Britney Spears ugly? I go out, and see someone from school that I know? That would be a nightmare. I don't want some cute guy to see me with my hair a mess. He would think I look like that all the time. 

          Now that we know those embarrassing facts about me, let’s talk about how I will probably never get married. I care so much about how my makeup looks. I will probably never be comfortable enough looking normal, with a guy. If my husband ever saw me without makeup, he would probably end up filing for a divorce. I would live on the streets and be homeless. At least my hair would look good. Besides that, I would die alone. I can’t help it.  

          Whenever, I am home then I don’t really care about my appearance. If I take one step outside of my house, I shall look decent. If my hair doesn't look good or I’m not wearing makeup…well actually let’s not imagine that. Just look at your thumb, that’s what I look like. An ugly, stupid thumb is what I see. If I put up my thumb next to my face, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.


          Next time you see me, please notify me if my hair looks okay. It is very important to me. Hopefully one day, my fear of seeing people from school in public will end. As if right now, I will continue to hide. Oh by the way, if you see me running away or hiding in public, don’t be offended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment